Saturday 12 April 2014

Madness in love

Chaos of life blurring away
O my dear lord Krishna,

The more I contemplate on you, my lord.. the more attached I'm becoming to you everyday.. It is like my lord.. the background of my life is getting more and more blurred each day and my focus turning to you.. O lord.. in everything and in every person and in every situation I search for you..Those things O Lord which don't carry your fragrance, I'm inclined to reject right away..


Prabhupada praying in temple
I'm especially desirous of associating with your pure devotees my lord.. Nothing is better than their association..In my present circumstances, the only way to physically associate with your devotees, my lord, is to go to your temple..opened by the ISKCON.. lord..great are your devotees..giving this chance to come to you to every person..but going to the temple is many times not convenient.. that leaves me with the company of His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's books and the kirtan (Congregational chanting of the lord's holy name) recordings on my cellphone.


Mirabai singing the lord's glories
Maybe that explains my dear lord.. why I'm increasingly becoming enamored by your devotee of the highest order..Mirabai.. Again and again Lord.. I read her many compositions.. trying to understand her love for you my lord.. but it seems almost impossible.. for she herself proclaims...it is not possible for anyone to understand her except for the person who is in her shoes..i.e. with a love for you my lord that matches the intensity of hers..her love is pure madness.. although colloquial wisdom proclaims that people do become a little mad in love.. being sport for things they never favored earlier..enjoying life as it unfurls.. If the love affairs of the mundane world can produce such marvelous changes in a person.. what to speak of divine love, where the object of love is not a flesh and bone human being, but you my lord yourself..and its never a one-sided love affair.. o dear lord.. its just pure bliss when you reciprocate.. you blow my breath away.. your ways are as miraculous as you are..

*If this sounds like fiction to you.. I urge you to put aside your misgivings and give it a try.. faith can be the greatest asset of a person.. if you have faith in thy lord.. you have everything.. Let us pray to the lord to keep our faith steady.. and never let it waver..*

Now hear it from Mirabai.. ..in this transcendental composition..

I am mad with Love
I am mad with love
And no one understands my plight.
Only the wounded
Understand the agonies of the wounded,
When the fire rages in the heart.
Only the jeweler knows the value of the jewel,
Not the one who lets it go.
In pain I wander from door to door,
But could not find a doctor.
Says Mira: Harken, my Master,
Mira's pain will subside
When Shyam comes as the doctor.

- Mirabai

*Here Harken and Shyam refers to Lord Krishna, and are among a few of the many names used to address him*

Jai Mirabai!

Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment