Wednesday 9 April 2014

Aag ka Darya


"Yeh ishq nahi aasaan, bas itna samajh lee jiye
Ek aag ka darya hai, Aur doob ke jaana hai"

This Love, it ain't easy; one needs to understand, it is an ocean of fire (Aag ka darya) and you can only drown in it to cross it
- Daagh Dehlvi

Every time I read this famous quotation it gives me chills.. O lord Krishna people are afraid of coming to you...surrendering to you my lord..afraid to be dependent on your mercy alone... They would rather rely on themselves.. they would rather work themselves to the bone for the things of the material happiness... they are afraid to commit to you lord... afraid to be consumed in your love.. for one who tastes the nectar of your love.. never comes back to this material world..he is gone forever my lord..he becomes mad with your love.. the mundane things of this material world no longer hold any fascination for him.. outwardly he may look a loser by the worldly standard of today... but he has what no one else has.. that priceless gift that cannot be bought..the nectar of your love.. the vision of your lotus feet..


Nobody could have expressed this better than Mira in this poem..

Strange is the Path of love

Do not mention the name of love,
O my simple-minded companion.
Strange is the path
When you offer your love.
Your body is crushed at the first step.
If you want to offer love
Be prepared to cut off your head
And sit on it.
Be like the moth,
Which circles the lamp and offers its
body.
Be like the deer, which, on hearing the
horn,
Offers its head to the hunter.
Be like the partridge,
Which swallows burning coals
In love of the moon.
Be like the fish
Which yields up its life
When separated from the sea.
Be like the bee,
Entrapped in the closing petals of the
lotus.
Mira’s lord is the courtly Giridhara.
She says: Offer your mind
To those lotus feet.
- Mirabai

O lord .. my dear lord.. Please shower your mercy on me dear lord .. Mirabai was a devotee of you my lord of the highest highest order.. if I am able to love you with 1/1000 of her intensity my lord, I would consider my life to be a success.. My heart is hard hard stone my lord, only your mercy can help melt it.. I pray to thy lotus feet my lord, i pray...

Jai Mirabai!
Jai shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment