Wednesday 7 May 2014

Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)

We all love love stories, don't we? The idyllic romances shown on the big screen swell our hearts with the hope that one day, we too would have a fairy-tale romance.. Despite nursing multiple heartbreaks and tolerating the wounds inflicted by our 'lovers', we remain drunk on the wine of love hoping that one day it would extricate us from our miserable existence. (Read: Wounded in Love?)

Few realize the love they are searching for is not be found in this world. Some of us know this intuitively. This explains why we love being in 'love' more than we love our partners. Love is God. God is Love. When you are in love, the nectar that you feel is actually a tiny taste of what 'true love' really is.

As Srila Prabhupada explains lucidly...
"The basic principle of the living condition is that we have a general tendency to love someone. No one can live without loving some one else. This propensity is present in every living being. The missing piece, however, is where to direct our love so that everyone is included and can be happy. At the present moment, human society teaches one to love his country or family or his personal self, but there is no information on where to direct the loving propensity so that everyone will be happy. We have failed to create peace and harmony in human society, even by such great attempts as the United Nations or our economic and scientific progress, because we have missed this point. That missing point can be found in awakening the our original love for Krishna(God). If we learn how to love Krishna then it is easy to immediately and simultaneously love every living being. It is like pouring water on the root of the tree-all parts of the tree are nourished. Or supplying foodstuffs to the stomach-all parts of the body are nourished. When we are situated in that position we can enjoy a blissful life"
Ultimately all religion boils down to this: love of God....  And this love is more intimate and special than the love of this world, which is just a perverted reflection of this very divine love. This is not a love to be indulged in every Sunday in a church or temple, but a love to be relished every moment of our lives. Faith is required here. You trust your spouses, don't you? Even though they are imperfect beings and many times hurt you with their insensitivity and callousness. Compared to this God is the perfect being and knows the heart of every person in this world. With our welfare always on his mind, even when we think he 'hurts' us, its something very good hidden in it. God wants nothing from us but to share with us the love he has for us...

This lyrics of this soulful track actually extrapolates the deep and all consuming love we need to have for our Lord....


Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)
Movie: Aashiqui 2
Music: Mithoon
Singer: Arijit Singh


Lyrics

Hum tere bin ab reh nahin sakte
Tere bina kyaa vajood meraa
I can't live without you now,
What's my existence without you..

Tujh se judaa gar ho jaayenge
To khud se hi ho jaayenge judaa
If I get separated from you,
I'll be separated from my own self..

Kyonki tum hi ho
Ab tum hi ho
Zindagi, ab tum hi ho
Chain bhi, meraa dard bhi
Meri aashiqui ab tum hi ho
Because you alone are,
Now you only are,
life. You're my life.
My peace, and my pain,
you alone are my love..

Teraa meraa rishtaa hai kaisaa
Ik pal door gawaaraa nahi
Tere liye har roz hain jeete
Tujh ko diyaa meraa waqt sabhi
Koi lamhaa meraa naa ho tere binaa
Har saans pe naam teraa
How's this relationship of ours,
I don't like distance of even a moment
Every day, I live for you
All my time is for you..
There shouldn't be a moment of mine without you,
There is your name on every breath..

Tere liye hi jiyaa main
Khud ko jo yoon de diya hai
Teri wafaa ne mujh ko sambhaalaa
Saare ghamon ko dil se nikaala
Tere saath mera hai naseeb juDaa
Tujhe paa ke adhoora naa raha
For you, I lived
I have given myself (to you)
Your faith [actually means 'my love for you' here] took care of me
Took all the sorrows from (my) heart
With you my fate is attached,
Getting you, Nothing is incomplete (within me, I got completed)..


No comments:

Post a Comment